These are surgeries which can be performed without an overnight stay in the hospital, and include
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy
- Laser or loop excision (LEETZ) cervical procedures
- Diagnostic and operative laparoscopy (i.e., checking patency of the fallopian tubes for infertility)
- Biopsying and / or treating vaginal and vulvar lesions
For these procedures, a 2-4 day hospital admission in St. Josefs Hospital is recommended.
- Hysterectomy (removal of part or all of the uterus leaving the ovaries in the body). This is most often done laparoscopically (minimally-invasive) or vaginally.
- Myomectomy (fibroid removal) usually done laparoscopically.
- Surgeries for ovarian cysts, endometriosis, adhesions, pelvic pain also almost always laparoscopically.
- Planned Cesarean section deliveries in St. Josefs Hospital.